Save the Date!
Skillful application of behavioral economics in the school lunchroom can help students select and
consume healthier foods and drinks while maintaining choice, increasing participation, and decreasingwaste! Join the experts from The Cornell Center for Behavioral Economics in Child Nutrition Programs tohear the latest and greatest in The Smarter Lunchroom Movement.
Friday, May 12th
School Nutrition Professionals – Join us for the first day of the symposium where you will:
- -Get grounded in the theories of food psychology and behavioral economics and how they relate to school lunchrooms.
- -Hear the latest research.
- -Get the newest tools and resources.
- -See schools present their success stories.
- -Prepare to launch into your own Smarter Lunchroom Makeover.
Saturday, May 13th
Regional or Statewide public health, university, extension, or other professionals who will work with and
provide ongoing support to multiple districts in doing Smarter Lunchrooms – Join us for both days of thesymposium and graduate as a Certified Smarter Lunchroom Training and Technical Assistance Provider.
- -Learn your role as a Smarter Lunchroom Trainer and Technical Assistance Provider.
- -Get tips on how to engage schools, track progress, and keep the momentum going.
- -Determine best methods for integrating research and data collection into a Smarter Lunchroom Makeover.
- -Learn from successful statewide Smarter Lunchroom initiatives from across the country.
- -Network, brainstorm, and problem-solve with experienced Smarter Lunchroom states.